Not into cooking or baking? But want to surprise someone with a cake?
“Spending a Day in Kitchen” was a “Thing to Do” in my bucket list of this Summer. I also wanted to surprise my mom with a cake on her Birthday. So it was the best opportunity to make her happy and put a tick on my list. But the problem was that the only things I had ever made before in the kitchen were papad and maggi (that to by following the instructions from my sister) :p
So I took help from some of my friends from the opposite gender and Sanjeev Kapoor’s recipe. Thanks to them 🙂
This is the video I referred:
Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake [With Egg] [In Microwave/Oven]
Time Required: 4 hours including everything 🙂
-> Reading this article, Watching the Video and preparing: 1 hour approx
-> Getting The Ingredients: 1 hour approx
-> Baking: 1 hours approx
-> Cleaning the Kitchen: 15 minutes approx
-> Miscellaneous: 45 minutes
Effort Required: Going to the market, spending time in kitchen.
Money Required: Rs 250 approx
- Refined Flour (Maida) – 1.25 cups
- Baking Powder – 1.25 Teaspoons
- Dark Chocolate – 115 gms (3 packs of Rs 30 Bournville)
- Unsalted Butter – 150 gms
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Eggs – 3
- Vanilla Essence – 1 Teaspoon
- Hung Yogurt – 2/3 Cups
Hung Yogurt is curd without water content. A muslin cloth (malmal ka kapda) is used to prepare it. It is required to hang the cloth containing curd in the Refrigerator for 2-4 hours, so that it leaves the water. However I could do it for only one hour.
Steps to follow and process:
- Put curd in the muslin cloth and hang it in the refrigerator, because it requires the maximum time.
- Get Ingredients which are not available at home from the market.
- Do watch the video, it will walk you through the process. However (No need to Pre-Heat if you are using a Microwave and bake in an open container at 100 degrees in the Microwave.)
- Below I have just summarized everything in the next two photos.
I made a couple of more things with the cake to surprise and impress my mom. She was really happy 🙂
I couldn’t have done this without my Sister’s constant help and kitchen ethics :p
Wish this could be a help or even inspiration for some 🙂 :p
Please feel free to ask/discuss anything!
Happy Baking 🙂