This post is an entry for the Indiblogger contest sponsored by the newly released book by Poonaam Uppal: Poonaam Uppal’s True Love – A Mystical True Love Story, for which the contest topic was “Yes or No to Pre-marital Sex?”
Interesting topic, I must admit. but, well, I don’t really have a strong and distinguished opinion on it as of now. If I could just end it in two words, I would just say “Whatever Works” instead of a “Yes” or a “No”. All that matters is the decision must be a well informed one. See that’s because I don’t think Pre-Marital Sex isn’t something to choose from being right or wrong. This clearly highlights one of my opinions that I don’t think its wrong. It depends upon a lot of factors situations and circumstances. I don’t think it’s unethical. I don’t think its unnatural, un-pure or anything. Another strong opinion I have is that the choice of this question should only lie in the hands of the couple. It should be spontaneous, natural, but not forced.
Now having said all that, I want to just mention some arguments which might lead to a decision of Pre-Marital Sex but are out of my understanding:-
- “Pre-Marital sex is the solution to control and minimize the sexual frustration in people (men).” Bullshit Alert
- “Having a sexual relationship is must to completely understand the other person. It would make things better.” I can’t comment on this as of now.
- “Pre-Marital Sex is okay, but I want a virgin after marriage.” Bullshit Alert
- “I am having second thoughts about our relationship, maybe having sex will clear things out. It will either make things strong or just break us apart.” Bullshit Alert
- “I want to experience a one-night stand.” Well, this one is tricky! If you find someone who also wants an experience, then it’s like Whatever Works 😀 The catch is both should know that.
- “Pre-Marital Sex will make me un-pure. I want to remain pure for my husband or wife.” Bullshit Alert